Fear and Uncertainty

By Starna

 

 
Rating: PG-13
Disclaimer: The characters are not mine but the story is.
Summary: A very short story from Harm's POV and the circumstances surrounding his leaving JAG.

 

Well it's final, I'm going back to flying.

When the opportunity arose that I could go back to active flight status, part of me was concern about going back, the other part was delighted to have the chance again.

I thought at the time that the concern was my fear that I wouldn't be able to regain the same skills that I once had and fail.  Never being one to let fear get the best of him, I began the process of going back.

I must admit that there was a part of me that still couldn't believe what was happening, that I was going back to flying, something which has in the past brought me so much joy.

Now as I head towards my new life, I begin to realize that the concern, the fear was not what I originally thought.

My fear is of losing something else, but it's to late to go back, I have to go and hope that I'm wrong.  That my dream will still be possible.  The dream about my life with my Sarah.

 

The end

 

Feedback is always welcome.  Let me know what you think.


Back to Fic Fan page